About Rocket Hindi Course.
Rocket course is an award winning language learning software, which is used by more than 1 million people to learn different foreign languages including Hindi. Rocket course is developed by Rocket Languages and it features one native Hindi speaker – Nikita Sharma. While the main purpose of this program is to teach learners how to communicate in Hindi (speaking & understanding), there is also studying content provided for learning grammar, sentence structure, writing and reading. So with Rocket course learners can expect to improve all areas of Hindi language. When it comes to studying content, it can be said that Rocket program can work well for both visual and audible Hindi learners. This is because Rocket provides learning material through different multimedia – audios, videos, written content, different software’s.
The whole Rocket program was developed based on scientific theory, which is called chunking. What it basically means is that larger content in this course is always broken down into smaller parts so that it would be easier to understand and remember it. For instance, Rocket audio lessons first provides a full conversation in Hindi and then later it is divided into sentences, words and explained in more detail.
Rocket Languages developed its courses based on different teaching strategies so that users of this course would be able to learn Hindi more successfully. Some of these strategies are ability to learn Hindi whenever you are (online based course), have an access to different tools that can help to practice Hindi from different angles and reinforce studying content (flashcards, software’s and etc.), understand how a new language is structured and works (explanations provided on all areas of a new language), maintain motivation to study Hindi further and more.
In case you want to try Rocket Hindi teaching method and its features, you should know that it is possible get access to some trial lessons of this course. All you have to do is go to official page of Rocket Languages and complete a short registration form. You will only need to provide your e-mail and name, so no credit card information will be needed.
Review of The Main Features.
At the moment Rocket Languages offers 1 level course (The Premium) for learners of Hindi. The Premium edition of Rocket consists of 91 lessons (33 interactive audio lessons, 29 writing lessons and 29 language & culture lessons). By finishing all lessons in Rocket program learners can expect to advance from beginner to intermediate level in Hindi language. If we would convert studying content in Rocket course into studying hours, it would be equal to about 124 hours.
The main component of this course is 32 audio lessons designed to teach you the most essential phrases and words of this foreign language. Each lesson is on average half an hour long, so even busy Hindi learners can find this much time to progress via Rocket course. These lessons are also interactive, so listeners are being asked to say different phrases in Hindi after covering new material. This is a very useful feature of a course, because it encourages learners to speak Hindi out load, improves retention rate and makes them more prepared for real life conversations.
In addition to audio lessons, Rocket also provides studying content to learn Hindi grammar & writing. Within the course, you can find video lessons teaching writing system of Hindi (Devanagari) and quite a lot of explanations on language structure and grammar. The course also comes with some culture notes, which is a great benefit for those who want to know more about the culture too. So while the main focus of this program is to teach learners how to communicate in Hindi, it is also possible to improve other areas of a new language.
A great benefit of Rocket is that it is a very convenient studying program to learn Hindi on the move. Since it is an online based course, it is possible to access all studying material whenever you have an internet access and all audio lessons can be downloaded & transferred to your preferred device. Furthermore, Rocket course comes with a free app, which enables to access studying material while using different devices. All these mentioned features in Rocket allows more busy people to learn on the go and improve their Hindi skills even while being not around the computer.
Since one of success strategies of Rocket Languages is to ensure that learners are able to recall studying material, it provides learners with useful tools that can help to practice Hindi from different angles. The first tool in this program is called Write it and is aimed at improving your Hindi writing skills. When using this feature first you will hear a word in Hindi and then you need to write it in the field provided. Also you can use a Rocket Record feature and practice your pronunciation too. The second tool is called Know it and it is aimed at testing how well you can translate from English to Hindi. The third tool is Hear it Say it, which was designed to improve your listening skills. While using this software you will hear a phrase in Hindi, then you need to record your pronunciation and check how well you knew the meaning. One more feature included in Rocket program is Play it. This program works by playing dialogues & conversations from previous lessons and listeners are expected to participate in them. Using this particular software can be very useful for practicing Hindi speaking skills and becoming more prepared to take part in actual life conversations. In addition to these mentioned features Rocket also offers flashcards and quizzes that can be quite helpful in learning & practicing vocabulary and checking your overall progress with Hindi language.
Users of this course can also get support in case their find some material difficult when studying via Rocket program. One of the social features that Rocket Languages offers to its users is a forum. In this forum it is possible to communicate with other Hindi learners, native speakers or instructor of this course. So if you ever get stuck, you can be sure that with Rocket program you will get answers to all your Hindi language questions.
Rocket also has some features that can help to keep learners motivation high when studying Hindi. When doing different activities in Rocket program, learners get points. These points are being counted and later learners are being given badges and they also participate in the leader-board. If you need a constant reminder to login to this course, you can choose to receive weekly e-mails from Rocket Languages that will inform about your progress and suggest what to study next.
Furthermore this course has advance tracking so you can always continue with activities that are still not completed. There is also a possibility to rate difficulty of each lesson, Hindi phrase or word so you will be able to repeat more difficult parts later. Being able to follow your progress is a great benefit of Rocket program, which can be a great motivation booster too.
What Do Other People Reviews Say?
If you will spend time reading user reviews of Rocket course, you will soon notice that people are very satisfied with this learning program. This is true no matter which foreign language you might choose – French, Spanish, Japanese, Hindi and etc. This is a good indication that it is a great course for learning foreign languages online.
Some of the most commonly mentioned benefits of Rocket are that it is very dynamic program for learning Hindi, it offers useful tools for practicing a new language from different angles and it is also not too expensive. Read a few actual consumer reviews of Rocket Hindi course bellow.
For more user reviews of Rocket Hindi course, visit the official website here.
Review of Strong and Weak Sides.
- New learners can try Rocket Hindi course and its features completely free by registering for 6 days trial lessons;
- Review websites and learners themselves rate Rocket Languages very positively, which is a good indication that it is a quality & effective program for studying Hindi;
- The course is designed so that it would teach learners all aspects of Hindi: speaking, listening, writing, grammar and reading. Some culture notes are included too, so you will be able to learn more about native people and how to communicate with them better;
- Due to the fact that Rocket Languages provides studying content through different multimedia (audios, videos and written text), this course can be suitable for most Hindi learners (visual & audible);
- Each dialogue that you will listen to in Rocket program will come with a transcript in English, Devanagari and Romanized script. Due to this it is easy to follow each conversation and also you will improve your reading and writing skills. Also since Rocket provides translations to English and explanations on all areas of Hindi, you will be able to progress confidently with this foreign language;
- Rocket can be a great course choice for learners who are learning this foreign language for traveling purposes. It teaches essential Hindi phrases from the beginning so you will not need to waste time learning unnecessary vocabulary;
- Learning via Rocket is quite fun experience and never too monotonic, because this program offers studying material in different forms, a lot of different software’s and also audio lessons have some humor in them too;
- Rocket program can work well even for busy Hindi learners because it is possible to access all studying content while on the go. Audio lessons can be downloaded and there is also a free app available, which will allow you to study Hindi conveniently while using different devices;
- Rocket teaches good pronunciation and accent since one of speakers in the dialogues is native and also Rocket Record tool in this program is useful for practicing your speaking skills. Furthermore audio lessons are interactive so you will be encouraged to speak Hindi out load from the beginning;
- Rocket does a good job at keeping learners retention high when studying via this program. There are flashcards & different tools available to practice Hindi from different angles (Know it, Hear it Say it, Play it and Write it). Also this course does sufficient repetition on previous studying content so you will not need to go through the same lesson many times;
- Maintaining learners motivation to study Hindi further is one more priority of Rocket program. Doing different activities in this program gives learners points and then they participate in leader-board and get badges. Also it is possible opt-in to receive weekly e-mails from Rocket Languages with highlights on your progress and suggestions what to study next;
- Rocket program provides learners with quite a lot of features that are useful for keeping track of their progress. Quizzes are available after each lesson that will allow you to test how well you understood new studying material. Furthermore it is possible rate how well you understood separate parts of the lesson, so that you could come back to more difficult parts later and improve. Also the whole course has advanced tracking so you will always be able to continue studying Hindi where you last left;
- Rocket course can work partly as a dictionary too. Phrase Finder feature in this program allows you to search for Hindi words & phrases and see where they were used within the context of the course;
- Users of Rocket program have an access to a forum where they can ask questions and communicate with tutor & other Hindi learners. This can be quite useful feature if you come across some difficulties when learning and need some support;
- It can be said that Rocket is one of the cheapest online courses for learning Hindi (99.95 USD for Premium edition). Other courses like Rosetta Stone or Pimsleur are priced higher although they don’t offer more studying content or features;
- With only one time payment you can get access to this course for lifetime (with all the upcoming future updates). Also Rocket Languages offers money back guarantee so you can try this Hindi course risk free for up to 60 days;
- Premium edition of Rocket Hindi also comes together with additional bonus – Survival Kit. This kit includes recorded audios that teach essential phrases and words so you can expand your list of vocabulary even further;
- At the moment there is only one level of Rocket available for Hindi learners, so it is only a good course for beginner and intermediate levels;
- Even though online version of this program can be affordable for all learners ($99.95), physical copy of this course is quite expensive ($299.95). So if you are short on a budget, it is only worthwhile to get an online version;
- This course is more focused on teaching you how to speak and understand Hindi. So if you need to become proficient at grammar or writing, you might need more studying material;
- Since Rocket is mostly an online based program (part of the content can be downloaded), you will need to have internet in order to study via this course;
Summary of a Review.
To conclude this review it can be said that Rocket can be one of the best courses if you are just starting to learn Hindi. With so many different tools available in this program, you will be less likely to get bored and also quizzes & badges will keep your motivation high to login every day and study further. Since the course focuses on essential Hindi phrases and words from the beginning, Rocket can be a very useful studying program for travelers. Ability to access all studying content online and by using different devices (via app) also makes Rocket a perfect choice for learners who have limited time for studying. Also since Rocket covers all areas of a new language, you will be able to learn not only how to speak & understand in Hindi, but writing and reading as well. This is a great benefit over courses that concentrate only on speaking part and tries to avoid more difficult parts of Hindi.
When it comes to downsides, it should be mentioned that at the moment Rocket only offers one level for Hindi language. Due to this more advanced Hindi learners might find this course too easy. Also since Rocket provides quite a lot of explanations in English, it might be difficult to immerse into Hindi language fully while following this program. However if you don’t mind these mentioned downsides, it is definitely worthwhile giving Rocket Hindi a try.
Where to buy Rocket Hindi Course?
In case you have any doubts about this course you probably shouldn’t. As it was mentioned earlier, you can try the course for free during six days trial. So it might be just enough time to test all the features and make sure that it is the right studying tool for you. And even if you will buy it and change your mind later, the company offers money back guarantee. So you don’t have anything to lose here, only to learn some Hindi!
In case you will decide to buy Rocket Hindi course, one of the best places to do that is official Rocket Languages website. At the moment Premium edition is priced at $99.95 so it is really a small investment compared to similar courses. It is also important to point out that Rocket offers life time access, which is a great benefit for those who are planning to use it for many years.