About Rosetta Stone Hindi.
If you are not new to foreign language learning, you should already be familiar with Rosetta Stone name. It is one of the best known programs for learning foreign languages and currently there are courses available for up to 24 different languages. Since Rosetta Stone brand is well known by many learners, you can find plenty of feedback about this program. This can be very helpful when trying to determine if Rosetta Stones’ teaching method is suitable for your language learning style.
When learning with this software you do not even need to know English, since a new language is being thought through image-word association. Most of the exercises will show you different images, which you need to associate with words in Hindi. Within time learners are expected to notice patterns in Hindi language and gain confidence when speaking. This type of learning can be great for visual learners and people who tend to get bored quickly by learning long lists of vocabulary and grammar rules.
What Courses are Offered?
At the moment there are a total of three levels of Rosetta Stone available for Hindi learners. This is not the most that Rosetta Stone offers, because some more popular languages have even up to five levels. However it is quite understandable, since Hindi is not as popular foreign language to study as Spanish, French or Mandarin yet. Based on information that Rosetta Stone provides, 3 parts of this course are equal to about 200 hours of studying time. So this software covers quite a lot of studying material and Hindi learners can advance quite a lot after finishing all lessons. Learners who are interested in Rosetta Stone should keep in mind that this Hindi learning software is available in two different versions – online and standard. These versions have distinct prices and studying features so they might be preferred by different Hindi learners.
Rosetta Stone online is usually selected by Hindi learners who have limited time for learning. Since studying content in this version can be accessed via different devices, it is not necessary to spend additional time near computer. By using app learners are able to login to the program and study on the move whenever they have internet connection available. Online version of this program also comes together with some additional Hindi studying features. One of these features is a possibility to book online sessions with a tutor and other Hindi learners. The number of sessions is limited and it is possible to have them after finishing important parts of the course. Games is another online feature offered by Rosetta Stone. They can be played with other Hindi learners or solo and they can help to repeat Hindi vocabulary. When considering Rosetta Stone online it is important to keep in mind that pricing of this version comes in a form of subscription. This means that you will need to pay additionally in case you will want to use Rosetta Stone for longer than 1 year.
Even though standard version of Rosetta Stone has fewer studying features, many Hindi learners still choose it. Some of the reasons why it can be preferred by some users is because it doesn’t require internet connection for studying and it can be used for unlimited time. This software can be installed on up to two separate computers so multiple family members can use it for studying Hindi. Since this version requires only one time payment, you will not need spend more money to continue using this software in the long-term. When considering this version of Rosetta Stone it is important to keep in mind that online features (games and e-tutoring) will expire after 3 months. So if you intend to use them for longer, you should select online version of this program from the beginning.
Unlike some audio based courses that only teach how to communicate in Hindi, Rosetta Stone provides studying material for all parts of a new language. So in each unit of this software you will find exercises that cover Hindi grammar, writing, vocabulary, pronunciation, comprehension and etc. Of course, in order to learn Hindi grammar properly you will definitely need supplementary studying material. Since Rosetta Stone teaches through complete immersion, it might be too difficult to understand more complex grammar aspects only by using this course. One great advantage of Rosetta Stone is that this software groups its activities based on the area of Hindi that it covers. So at any given time you will be able to select to do workouts that are the most important for you.
In case your primary goal is to learn how to speak Hindi with a good accent, you will find some useful features in Rosetta Stone for that. Speech Recognition technology in this software can evaluate whether or not you are pronouncing Hindi words & phrases correctly. So not only you will be encouraged to speak Hindi out load, but you will also know if you are doing it correct or not. Since recordings in Rosetta Stone are done by native Hindi speakers, you will be able to hear proper accent at all times. Standard version of this program also includes audio CD’s that can be helpful for practicing Hindi speaking and comprehension skills. Since they come in a form of audios, you will be able to use them for studying Hindi on the move.
Most of vocabulary that you will learn in Rosetta Stone Hindi can be called essential. In different units of this software you will be introduced to topics such as greetings, shopping, directions, school, work, restaurant visits and much more. So learners studying Hindi for different purposes (traveling, studying abroad and etc.) can find this vocabulary useful. One quite useful feature of Rosetta Stone is that it groups its lessons based on different topics. So you will be able to select and do lessons that have the most essential Hindi vocabulary for you. Advanced tracking is another great benefit of this learning software. All learner activities are fully tracked in this program so they can continue studying Hindi where they last finished.
What Do Other People Reviews Say?
It can be said that reviews of Rosetta Stone Hindi are quite mixed. Some users are happy with this software, because it includes engaging activities to practice all areas of Hindi. Also learners find Speech Recognition feature useful for practicing Hindi speaking skills.
Other users of Rosetta Stone complain that it is too hard to progress in Hindi without explanations in English language. Some learners also point out that there are some mistakes in this course, Speech Recognition doesn’t work accurately all the time and it is quite expensive learning program. Read a few reviews from real users of Rosetta Stone Hindi bellow.
For more user reviews of Rosetta Hindi software visit Amazon website here.
Review of The Main Benefits and Drawbacks.
- Rosetta Stone offers three levels for Hindi learners, so it is possible to advance quite a lot in this foreign language while using this learning software;
- In case you want to try this Hindi learning program, it is possible to try a demo version at the official page of Rosetta Stone;
- Speech Recognition technology, which is included in this software is very useful for improving your Hindi pronunciation. Also Rosetta Stone provides learners with accompanying audios that can be used to practice speaking and comprehension skills on the go;
- Rosetta Stone includes activities to practice all aspects of Hindi language, so you can improve your speaking, grammar, listening, writing and reading skills;
- This program is developed so that it would easy to navigate and use. Also since teaching method of Rosetta Stone is based on immersion, learners don’t even need to know English in order to study Hindi via this software;
- Online version of this software comes together with an app, so learners can access studying content via different devices and learn Hindi while on the go. Standard version users of Rosetta Stone have the ability to learn on the move as well by using accompanying audios;
- Since Rosetta Stone offers different studying activities, learning Hindi via this program is never too monotonic. Using different features can also help to improve your overall studying efficiency as well;
- When studying via Rosetta Stone learners can be sure that they will be able to recall new studying content. This is because this program does sufficient repetition and it provides different activities & features for practicing Hindi from different angles;
- Online version of this course provides users with some great social features like live sessions with a tutor and games that can be played with other Hindi learners;
- Learners can follow their learning progress quite easily via Rosetta Stone, since this software keeps track of their progress. They can redo workouts with the most mistakes and concentrate on Hindi parts that needs the most work from their part;
- Rosetta Stone groups it activities based on topics and area of Hindi that they cover. So with this software you will be able to learn parts of Hindi and vocabulary topics that are the most essential for you;
- Trying Rosetta Stone Hindi is risk free since this learning software is backed up by money back guarantee (up to 30 days);
- Since Rosetta Stone doesn’t give explanations, you will need additional studying material to this program in order to understand Hindi grammar properly and learn Devanagari script;
- Sometimes it is difficult to tell the exact meaning of a word & phrase that Rosetta Stone is trying to portray simply by looking at a picture. So you might need to use supplementary Hindi dictionary in order to avoid guessing;
- If you are studying Hindi for traveling purposes, this software is certainly not the fastest way to learn survival vocabulary (vocabulary is quite random at times). Also it will take a while until you will be able to build your own sentences when learning through complete immersion;
- Rosetta Stone software is designed identical for all foreign languages (the same pictures, templates and etc.). Also if you are interested in learning more about culture of people who speaks Hindi, you will not find any information in this program related to that;
- If you will choose standard version of this software, you will only be able to use online features (e-tutoring, app, games and etc.) for up to 3 months time;
- Although the price for standard version of Rosetta Stone Hindi is quite reasonable (up to 475 USD for lifetime access), online version can be too expensive for most learners (325 USD for 1 year);
Summary of a Review and Pricing.
To conclude this review it can be said that despite some drawbacks, Rosetta Stone can be a very useful tool for learning Hindi. It can work extremely well for people who already familiar with this language and want to repeat and expand their vocabulary more. Provided workouts in this software are very engaging and they can help to improve all aspects of Hindi language. Speech Recognition technology in this program is also very beneficial for practicing Hindi speaking skills and encouraging learners to speak out load more frequently. Also since there are 3 levels of this software available for Hindi, learners can advance more in this foreign language than compared with other courses.
Despite all these mentioned advantages, I would suggest buying additional grammar books along with Rosetta Stone or trying Rocket course (offers more explanations) for complete beginners at Hindi. This is because Rosetta Stone complete immersion method will not explain Hindi language structure or grammar rules, so you will need to figure out everything by yourself. Since there are no English translations in the software, you might also need to use supplementary dictionary. The other quite commonly mentioned downside of Rosetta Stone is that it is quite expensive Hindi learning program. For a standard software you might need to spend up to 475 USD, while online version might cost you up to 325 USD (12 month membership). Even though online version of Rosetta Stone might seem like a cheaper option, it is important to keep in mind that language learning takes time so you might need to renew your subscription at least a few times.
If you want to know what other online courses are available for learning Hindi, you should also spend some time reading this post. It provides a list of some of the best rated online courses that can help you to learn Hindi on your own.
Where to buy Rosetta Stone Hindi Courses?
If you are interested in buying Rosetta Stone Hindi course, there are a few option from where you can purchase it. The first option would be to buy it from Amazon and the other – from official Rosetta Stone website online.
The price of Rosetta Stone Hindi program will depend on the number of levels you will choose to buy. Currently you can purchase all three levels of this Hindi course for a price of 199 USD on Amazon. There is also an option to buy only one level of this software and it is priced at 129 USD. So if you are planning to study Hindi in the long term, obviously a more cost efficient offer would be to buy all three levels in the bundle.
For those who are interested in getting online version of Rosetta Stone Hindi, you buy it for as little as 129.99 USD on Amazon. This particular package gives users access to 1 of 24 Rosetta Stone languages and it can be used for up to 12 months (1 user). There are also options to purchase subscription for longer term or for more users; however the price is higher too.